SALTED CHOCOLATE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
A sophisticated take on one of my favourite treats.
- 120g Rice Krispies (or any other puffed rice cereal)
- 30g butter
- 200g marshmallows
- Generous tablespoon of dulce de leche
- 100g dark chocolate, I used Green & Blacks 70% Burnt Toffee Dark Chocolate - it's delicious!
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 10g butter
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Line an 20 cm/8inch square tin with greaseproof paper. Set aside.
- Weigh out the Rice Krispies in to a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melt the butter in the mircrowave on high in 10 second bursts. Once the butter is almost melted, add in the marshsmallows and continue to melt in ten second bursts. When the marshmallows are almost fully melted, add the dulce and stir. Continue melting until the mixture is smooth and everything is fully combined.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and carefully stir until fully coated. Tip in to the prepared tin and flatten down with a palette knife or the back of a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate, syrup and butter using the same method as above. Only heatfor 10 seconds at a time to avoid burning the chocolate. Stir at each interval until smooth and glossy.
- Pour over the Rice Krispie treats, lift and angle the tin to help the chocolate spread evenly in to all corners. Sprinkle generously with sea salt and allow to set.
- Slice in to 16 squares.